The law system in the world dates back to ancient Egypt, in 300 BC. In earlier times, the word of the king/ruler was considered as law. Today, laws are formed after a number of discussions and public opinion surveys, and are lengthy procedures. Even then, we come across some strange laws and rules that leave us quite surprised and bemused. Here are some of them:
1. In Kentucky, US, every citizen is required by law to take a bath at least once a year.
2. In Saudi Arabia, a woman reportedly may divorce her husband if he does not keep her supplied with coffee.
3. In Miami, it is forbidden to imitate an animal.
4. Until the 1960's men with long hair were not allowed to enter Disneyland.
5. Tipping at a restaurant in Iceland is considered an insult.
6. The penalty for masturbation in Indonesia is decapitation.
7. Moscow weathermen can be fined for inaccurate weather forecasting!
8. It is illegal to own a red car in Shanghai, China.
9. It is illegal to purchase or consume Jack Daniel's Whiskey in the town in which it is produced!
10. It is illegal to be a prostitute in Siena, Italy, if her name is Mary.
11. In West Virginia if you run over an animal, you can legally take it home and cook it for dinner!
12. In Singapore, it is illegal to sell or own chewing gum.
13. In San Salvador, drunk drivers can be punished by death before a firing squad.
14. In France, it is legal to marry a dead person!
15. In Cleveland, Ohio it is illegal to catch mice without a hunting license.
16. In Bangladesh, kids as young as 15 can be jailed for cheating on their finals!
17. In ancient England a person could not have sex unless s/he had consent of the King.
18. In 1659, it was illegal to celebrate Christmas in Massachusetts.
19. Dueling is legal in Paraguay, as long as both parties are registered blood donors.
20. According to U.S. laws, a beer commercial can never show a person actually drinking beer.