1. In France, there's a place called Y.
2. In 2002, there were no billionaires in China. In 2011, there are 115 billionaires.
3. Niger (Africa) has the world's highest fertility rate - 7.1 children per mother.
4. Canada has more lakes than the rest of the world combined.
5. Almost half the newspapers in the world are published in the United States and Canada!
6. Organized crime is estimated to account for 10% of the United States' national income.
7. Suicide is the leading cause of death among South Koreans in their 20s and 30s.
8. The United States consumes 25% of all the world's energy.
9. Iceland has the most Internet users per capita of any country in the world with over 86 percent of people using the Web, compared with only 69 percent of Americans.
10. Wyoming was the first American state to allow women to vote.
11. Until 1796, there was a state in the United States called Franklin. Today it's known as Tennessee!
12. Three Mile Island is only 2 1/2 miles long.
13. There is a town called Paradise and a town called Hell in Michigan!
14. There is a city called Rome on every continent.
15. There are 10 towns named Hollywood in the United States.
16. The Zip Code 12345 is assigned to General Electric in Schenectady, New York.
17. The United States has the highest minimum drinking age in the world.
18. The three wealthiest families in the world have more assets than the combined wealth of the forty-eight poorest nations.
19. The state of Florida is bigger than England.
20. The Pacific island of Nauru's economy is almost entirely based on bird droppings.
21. The highest point in Pennsylvania is lower than the lowest point in Colorado!
22. The Greek National anthem has 158 verses.
23. The city of Las Vegas has the most hotel rooms in the world.
24. The Canary Islands were not named after a bird called canary. They were named after a breed of dogs.
25. Streets in Japan do not have names.
26. Istanbul, in Turkey, is the only city in the world located on two continents: Asia and Europe.
27. In what country will you find the most Universities? India.
28. In Tibet it is considered good manners to stick out your tongue at someone.
29. In India, people are legally allowed to marry a dog.
30. Antarctica is the only land on our planet that is not owned by any country.