The best of Prog rock

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

THE LOGICAL SONG

The logical song is unique. I don´t know any other song in English with more adjectives than this one. Believe it or not, it has twenty-three adjectives and three adverbs. It was originally recorded by the British band Supertramp in 1979. And here it´s played by Roger Hodgson (ex-member and principal lyricist of the band) with an orchestra.
Listen to the song and then complete with the adjectives and adverbs missing in its lyrics. If you have any difficulty, take a look at the two lists:

When I was _________
It seemed that life was so ___________
A miracle, oh it was _________, ___________
And all the birds in the trees
Well they'd be singing so ___________
Oh _________, oh __________ watching me
But then they sent me away
To teach me how to be ___________
__________, oh __________, ____________
And they showed me a world
Where I could be so __________
Oh _________, oh __________, _____________

There are times when all the world's __________
The questions run too _________
For such a __________ man
Won't you please, please tell me what we've learned
I know it sounds __________
But please tell me who I am
Now watch what you say
Or they'll be calling you a __________
A ___________, oh ___________, _____________
Oh won't you sign up your name
We'd like to feel you're
__________, __________, oh ___________, a vegetable

At night when all the world's _________
The questions run so ________
For such a ___________ man
Won't you please, please tell me what we've learned
I know it sounds __________
But please tell me who I am, who I am, who I am, who I am

ADJECTIVES:
practical           simple             young                 acceptable                   deep
asleep             responsible     wonderful           magical                        absurd
criminal            radical             intellectual          beautiful                      logical
sensible           clinical             liberal                 dependable                 respectable
cynical              fanatical          presentable

ADVERBS:
joyfully             playfully           happily 

No comments: